Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Beginning of Blogging

Today's the day I found my blog voice. It wasn't an easy decision to make, but the virtual world convinced me of its benefits.

As you probably already read, I'm an aspiring writer. We're springing up all over the place. I want my blog to be part of my history, to connect me with the world and ultimately improve my writing skills. I hope to find a few people out there patient enough to read my thoughts, and come back for more.

I belong to a writing forum called, The Writers Block. This place has inspired me to get back to writing and connect with other writers. There's nothing better than learning from your peers, improving, putting a smile on someone's face or a tear in their eye, because of something you wrote. Something that touched them. Something they were able to connect to.

I've recently started writing poetry. If you're a family member, quit laughing, because I do enjoy it. Being a writer, I'm my worst critic, so I couldn't say whether my poetry leaves a lasting impression but it gets the creative juices flowing. Maybe when I build up some self-esteem, I'll post a poem or two.

Well, it's time for me to get moving on this beautiful Saturday morning. Have a great day.

6 comments:

  1. YAY for ToT !!!!!!!!!!

    awesome. look forward to reading here.

    nerds

    jeez these wiggly word code things below are hell on my olde eyeballs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog... good beginning.

    BEST OF LUCK.

    joyce c williams

    ReplyDelete
  3. ToT rocks!

    Remember, blogging is your friend :}

    heronw a WB afficionado

    ReplyDelete
  4. ToT is awsome. Yeah for you!

    Suprswimmer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yah! Looks great. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the world of blogging, Trollop. You will find that daily life on this planet will provide you with countless topics.

    ReplyDelete