Monday, September 22, 2008

Write on!

This weekend my writing moved along until I completed a short. It’s approximately 2,000 words, and believe it or not I like the story. It came about from a prompt to help writer’s block. A little over a month ago, I was given three different lines to choose from and write for an hour without stopping. No editing just writing. I posted it to a writing forum and received positive feedback, so I decided to clean it up and add to it. The title is Damn, Do you remember when... ? and it’s about recalling childhood memories in old age to keep those we love close. Now all I need is to find someone who will read and edit it, and a contest to submit to. In addition to this story, I wrote a poem titled The Dance; unfortunately I don’t have it with me to post now.

Aside from writing, my football team didn’t do so good this weekend. I don’t think the Chicago Bears heard us ask, “Are you ready for some football?” because what they’ve been playing isn’t football. We played against Tampa Bay and an ex-quarterback of ours, Brian Griese. Our defense fell asleep. Maybe they’ll wake up half-way through the season. At least I can still hope for the Chicago White Sox finishing off their second division championship. Go White Sox!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment