Friday, October 31, 2008

New Fan!

I finished reading Heroes of Old by Jay L. Young, who I recently met, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. This is the first of a three book series (I just purchased the other two on Amazon.com). Heroes of Old isn’t the kind of genre I normally read, but I was interested in its description of “the X-Men meet the Old Testament” found on Jay L. Young’s web site. It’s fascinating reading something I’m unfamiliar with such as the Old Testament, so along with the fictional characters Jay introduces biblical characters as well.

I adore No, who is a young and recently recruited member of the “Faction.” His naiveté is endearing along with his respect for Peleg. Jay drew a unique picture of the characters in the Faction and it was easy visualizing and sympathizing with their struggles. The book weaves old to modern times showing the prophet, Peleg’s and Noah’s journeys.

This is a book for all, not just Christians and I recommend it to anyone looking for an action book with a little Christian history thrown in. You won’t be disappointed.

4 comments:

  1. Nic review. I've been meaning to check out his books (I do like fantasy).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then you won't be sorry. I'm glad the review was helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great Bea, thanks for the share, now I'm knighting you laundry queen sister--lets see if it works... have to insert.. phooey it didn't!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Thanks for the 'laundry queen sister' status. Yes, comments doesn't allow pictures, but I appreciate the attempt. :D

    ReplyDelete