Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Good Food Goes a Long Way!


I’m home sick today, and watched Oprah with Celebrity Chef’s. Well, where the heck have I been? Curtis Stone is adorable! Okay, give me a man with an accent and I’m putty in their hands. Actually, the show was very interesting because I had a conversation yesterday with a few women at work about cooking and eating habits. They do fast things, such as fast food, and all three don’t really cook for the family. I’m pretty surprised at the growing number of women who don’t cook. Of course, being me, I had to give my opinion and received the response that I don’t have children so I don’t understand the need to do something quick. They said they don’t have time and it’s easier to pick something up when running around. I say, “That’s just instant gratification and poor time management.”

If anything, it’s easier for me, single with no children to order out all the time. I have no one to cook for, no one to impress with looks, so I really don’t need to eat healthy, right? Wrong. As I’ve gotten older, I realize the importance of health. I don’t need to be a size four with 6-pack abs, but I am trying to get back into my size six again. Health is so important. I'm not saying we shouldn't enjoy the fattening foods every now and then.

Cooking isn’t necessarily my forte, but I try to find quick healthy things (sometimes pre-packaged) and usually eat something every two hours. Everyone can make the time,and find healthy foods, it's whether you want to put in the effort. Here are a few quick snacks/meals that I eat.
  • (2) Flaxseed waffles, Activia and a banana
  • (1) Smart and Delicious tortilla, (1) apple, Swiss cheese, Splenda and cinnamon. Put the slice of cheese on tortilla, slice and add the apple, put in microwave for 30 seconds and sprinkle with cinnamon and Splenda.
  • (2) slices of Flaxseed bread, butter spray and Organic peanut butter
  • In a container, add lettuce of your choice, sprinkle blueberries and Blue Cheese on it and throw in a can of tuna, or meat of your choice and bring a packet of Light Ranch dressing.
Do you have a quick healthy snack or meal you make? Stop on by and post it. Let’s help out all the men and women out there who could use some quick ideas.

4 comments:

  1. Yup, Brie Bernadette drizzled with honey and crackers on the side ordered from Ramsis is my easy pick up snack, now don't forget. ; ) And yeah, those foreign men have been know to cause whip lash while visiting other countries! I heard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the Brie, but it isn't healthy. LOL! Oh, they cause whip lash even in their countries. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds intresting. Good for you. :) My snacks are mainly fruit, and pumpkin or sesame seeds. I munch on an average 6 pieces a fruit a day. I don't enjoy other snacks, with bread and cheese. Will only eat if its for lunch. I'm not tempted to have bread with cheese and something sweet as a snack throughout the day. I like brie too, but I don't eat enough of these things, as I know it'll be too oversweetning for me in the end. So I end up selecting these nice things more so when I haven't had it for a long time. When they are here, they practically go in a few days anyway. (As exampled brie cheese) Interestingly enough I still have halloumi cheese in the fridge. (Cyprus cows/goats/sheeps milk = cheese) I think it is in there for when I feel, and It is fair to say I've not felt like it yet, only when it arrived. lol I much prefer big meals that are wholesome and where I can use the ingredients I like. I love food, but don't overdo it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you eat healthy, Ana. Thanks for the tips on fruit and pumpkin or sesame seeds. Take care.

    ReplyDelete