Sunday, March 8, 2009

To Zachary!

Quiet by nature
Boy child I've known
Grown up so quick
Miss when he was young
Picked as a catcher
Baseball he's thrown
Sports talent is magic
Still calm with his tongue

Fans fill the stands
When he's on the field
Hand gestures are cryptic
Unable to steal
Expanding hands
Baseball deal is sealed
The Cross town Classic
South Side keeps it real





Congratulations, Zachary for making the baseball team! Who knows, some day you might be playing for the White Sox! I'm proud of you.

6 comments:

  1. He made it, how wonderful that is! Hurray!

    Isn't it wonderful to watch a child grow up and isn't it sometimes awesome how he or she masters the challenges that life holds in store?

    And...Bea...in a few years you will notice that he's grown
    even more... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did!!!! I'm so happy for him.

    It is wonderful to watch a child grow. He's not my son, but so much a part of my life. Watching him and my other niece and nephew's life unfold is scary and exciting.

    *sighs* I know. It makes me sad he's grown so much already because I don't want to let my little Zachary go. He's taller than I am!!! Well.. everyone is getting taller than me.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Jakie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always nice to read good news. Sounds like Zachary's doing great moving up the ranks. Hard work and diligence is commendable ... Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He has his aunt cracking the whip. I keep telling him he needs to go Pro so he can take care of me. Usually I get a laugh out of that comment. :)

    Thanks for your well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Zach!! Lovely tribute here, Bea!

    ReplyDelete