Sunday, April 12, 2009

Kim Michele Richardson’s Book Launch Success!

Since I’ve been friends with Kim Michele Richardson, I’ve watched her put her heart, sweat and tears into her book. Her energies over the last two years have paid off. Kimmi’s book launch for The Unbreakable Child was a success. We weren’t sure what to expect with it being a nice day and Easter weekend, but they came to listen to her… then more came, then more until the bookstore filled with people moved by Kim’s story and wanting to tell her their own sorrows, or say thank you. In trying to keep count, Kimmi had over fifty people show up for her book launch along with sales, which according to a bookstore employee exceeds the ‘normal’ book launch signings. I stood in back… well, not really, I was roaming around taking pictures, listening to the questions along with watching Kimmi capture her audience. It was another defining moment for Kimmi, and a wonderful experience for me. Watching her talk to the people, seeing the amazement on their faces regarding her strength was beautiful, and I am so proud to know she is a friend of mine. This is a picture of Kimmi signing her book, and I’ve also posted a link to a television interview she had on Thursday, April 9, 2009.




Kimmi, this sassy chi-girl wants to say thank you for inviting me to be a part of this experience, and for your friendship. Keep the fire in your eyes, the warmth in your heart and pretty soon we’ll be watching your book play out on the big screen.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to read about the success of Kimmi's book launch. Kimmi as a person, as well as her story, well deserve the accolades. Kudos, with much continued best wishes and success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wohooo I'm so happy that you got to play a part in this magical success. I wish Kimmi all the love in the world, and continued wishes for her book. :)

    ReplyDelete