Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Eat – Drink – Write - Love – Travel


Here’s how things have come along in my life. I quit my great paying job of 13-years to move for about 9 months (not pregnant) to Germany with the love of my life. My last day of work was last Friday, and it was a bittersweet moment. I don’t know if I made the right decision, but I won’t know unless I make it. In my heart, I believe I’d regret not going then going. It’s an opportunity of a lifetime, and I’m one open to opportunity. I made the decision back in June, so it wasn’t made in haste or unplanned.

While I’m taking care of things in the States, my love is getting our flat all cozy and ready for our return. I’m excited about our adventures together through Europe although I do plan on bringing a few American items. A few traveling coffee mugs so we can use while walking around town. My favorite mascara made by Maybelline Full & Soft. Zumba to keep my hips, abs and body moving to drop the extra poundage I’ve put on over the year(s). We’ll see how that goes after all the eating and drinking I’ll be doing. And last but not least—my German-English books and Writer’s Markets. I hope to achieve a career in creative and/or freelance writing. Even though I’ll be in Germany, I will have the technology to keep in touch with the States. This trip is a writing experience and opportunity to make a writing career, so wish me luck.

My love and I have talked about things we plan on doing. He describes the foods he wants to cook for me and I’m looking forward to mulled wine at the Christkindl markets in Germany. 


 
In between his work and my writing, revisions, and edits, we plan to travel and take in the sites. I’ll be there for a week before we swoop off to Spain to visit his parents and Barcelona for a day. We also have a planned trip to Edinburgh Scotland. I’m very excited about both trips, and especially for the Literature Pub Tour we will take in Edinburgh. There are some other trips we’d like to do by car—Monschau and Luxembourg.

So from this decision, I hope to eat great European food, drink lots of mulled wine, beer and Sangrias, find a home for my writings, love my Sweets and keep him happy, and travel to cities to experience the European life. I will still blog, send emails…well…basically do all the things I do now.

Take care.

P.S. Haven't left yet.

12 comments:

  1. Wow... (heh, I've got two "Wow's" out of blog comments this morning) I hope you have a wonderful time, Bea and enjoy every moment. I understand the hesitation and the fear that you are feeling, but know that is only coming from the "unknown" once things get situated, you will see how wonderful everything is. :D We'd all have that same fear and it says something about you to know that you are trekking forward through it to meet your goals in writing, in love and in life!!

    I'll be thinking about you! Have a great time, and can't wait to hear about some grand adventures you have! Take care!!

    Happy writing, happy traveling!!

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soooo much Kara. Reading your comment made me feel good. It is scary, but I think we all take chances in life and sometimes without even knowing it.

    I'll be thinking of you and all my other writerly friends as I work towards a writing career. I still plan on being online reading your blog and cheering you on in your successes.

    Happy writing!

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. An exciting new beginning for you my friend! I know you'll be happy. Can't wait to start heraing more. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kim. I can't wait to share my journey with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited I can't stand it! I look forward to the posts & picture from there. This is a great opportunity for you!
    You have a great mindset. It is an awesome time to concentrate on writing!!
    I squee in your general direction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bea, I had NO idea a move to Germany was in the works. And heck, yeah! this will be a FANTASTIC opportunity for you to take in a whole new perspective of life, which, as we writerly-types know, can do WONDERS for the muse!

    Bravo! Wait...that's Italian, isn't it? *googles German version* Ahem: Gut gemacht! or possibly: Ser gut! (How'd I do?)

    Sometimes even when we've done all our research and thought about all angles of a big decision, it's still hard to take that final jump. I used to think I needed to know right then if I should or shouldn't do [fill in the blank], but when I look back on the times of my life when I jumped, even if I had no clue how it would turn out, I see how those were the times I grew the most.

    Congratulations on the move. You know I will miss my Chicago buddy but yay! for technology! You'd better keep in touch and keep us informed of European life (I'm jealous).

    Looking forward to amazing writing from you,

    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. June, LOL! It makes me feel great that you’re so excited. Thank you for your support. I squee back at you.

    Barb, I know I didn’t say anything. Things started moving pretty fast and I haven’t stopped until now to wrap it up. Now that I’m home prepping for my writing amongst other things, the fact has settled in and now I can prepare and get excited about Germany.

    Your German is gute.

    I will miss my Chicago buddy too, but with technology I’ll definitely be in touch. Even with a big pond between us you can’t get rid of me that easily.

    Right back atcha with the amazing writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you sneaky little devil, you. :D

    Good on you. I've always said, you only go around once, so you've got to grab the gusto. Okay, maybe it wasn't me who said it, but I agree with it. Here's hoping you have an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. :D Aw, thank you Haggis. I’ll remember the refrigerator magnet and actually bring it to you upon my return...as long as I get another sandwich from Zingerman's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Screw the magnet. How about some good German beer? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! I'll see what I can do about the beer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the German Christmas market are fantastic! You will love Germany and Europe, good luck! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete